Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Longest Sunday - New Years Day

The Longest Sunday - New Years Day

My wife and I were sitting on the couch yesterday, recovering and watching movies. I love to spend a day on the couch every once and a while. As the day drew closer to a close I started thinking about the fact that it was a New Year - 2008 and what was I going to do different. In a matter of about 13 seconds I figured I would probably end up doing nothing different and that seems like kind of a bummer.

I looked over at my wife and said, you know, New Years Day is like a Long Sunday. She said "What do you mean?" I proceeded to tell her, "you know, when your sitting at home after a nice weekend and you realize that it is time to go back to work tomorrow and it's Monday. Well, New Years Day is the "Sunday" before the Monday (workday) when you go to work and realize that you start all over again. New quotas, new goals etc...

As I sat down to write this, I started to think that it is too bad that I think this way. It should be more exciting. Clean slate, loose the weight, be healthy, attack work, be a better person all of these things. I turn 40 this year, I have everything else in my life in order to go ahead and make these things happen.

Sometimes I think its too bad I approach life like this. You know, Sunday being the day that is before you have to go back to work. I mean, Sunday is still a day off right? Take advantage of it. Maybe this year I will.

No comments: