Thursday, January 10, 2008

The First Video Blogger

That is Right - Andy Rooney!

This year I have made more of a commitment to me. I am working out, dieting, focusing more on work and my interests and blogging. I also want to get into video blogging. This morning I was on the elliptical machine in the gym listening to my iPod. As you may know, I much prefer the spoken word over music so I have a lot of podcasts on my iPod. A few weeks ago I loaded up the free 60 minutes podcast. As I was nearing the end of my 45 minute workout, my 60 Minutes too was ending (aren't having no commercials GREAT!). And as with every 60 Minutes episode, it was time for Andy Rooney. Now, I have been listening to Andy Rooney since I was 10. Today however I looked at Andy in a new way. A trail blazer. I realized today that Andy was the first video blogger. I mean, by definition, giving some witty or pithy testimony about a topic to make you think is pretty close to the "definition" of blogging. (I know it can be much more, but hell, that is how I use the blogging platform.) That said, add video and you have video blogging. Think about what Andy does and "boom", there you have it, video blogging.

Way to go Andy! You are ahead of your time!

No comments: