Friday, June 10, 2005

Cell Phones on Planes, What about Snorers?

I recently took a trip from Boston to Philly. I took the 6:35AM flight for a 10AM meeting. This means that most people who live in the general area, that are taking this flight, needed to get up around 4:30AM. Now I understand that this could make you want to get a little shut eye once seated but come on, if you are a snorer, you gotta take one for the team and not fall asleep.

The guy next to me is sawing some major logs. It makes it difficult to concentrate. Next I hear the guy in the seat on row behind me and across the isle chime in with his sleep songs. I almost wish that they did allow cell phones on planes. Yeah, I know everyone is up in arms about cell phone use on planes. People are struggling to figure out where does my personal space start and stop, but I would love to dial up my wife right now (who was kind enough to get up and take me to the airport) and tell her “Yeah, I am sitting here trying to do some work and I have an Orca orchestra around me.”

You know, it wasn't that long ago when airplanes had phones on them for general use. I know I used them to dial into a conference call when I was on a plane 24/7. No one really complained then. (Of course, this was when the technology bubble existed and there were 4MM planes in the air and you paid $1200 a ticket and had no one around you.

I have seen the decline of the airlines over the past few years, and for someone who really relies on air travel for work, this really sucks. I do see where road rage is soon to take to the air. I think the only thing holding people back are thosillustriousus TSA people who can throw your ass out of an airport for breathing wrong. The whole personal space thing is becoming a big issue. At what point do tolerancecivilityty, and good human kindness all come together so that 200 people can board a plane smoothly and easily to make everyone's travel day better. I tell you, I long for these days to come.

Well, I must get back to my laptop and try to concentrate with the orchestra around me. I only hope mbanningng on my keys doesn't wake them yahya, right!

No comments: